Is Hospice right for you?
To asses weather hospice care is right for you, consider the following
• Loss of function or physical decline
• Increase in hospitalizations
• Multiple medical conditions
• Continuing weight loss
• Dependence in activities of daily living
Do you qualify?
Anyone who’s physician certifies that the patient has a life
limiting illness not responding to curative treatment
pays for it?
- MEDICARE. Hospice is a covered benefit under Medicare Part A
for patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live if the
disease runs it’s normal course
- MEDICAID. Usually not covered in many states.
- PRIVATE INSURANCE. Many private health insurance policies
and HMO’s offers hospice coverage.
- TRICARE. Hospice services are covered under Tricare.
- UNITEDHEALTHCARE AND AETNA. Must be insured through private
plans for hospice coverage and benefits